In the terms and conditions set out below the following expressions shall have the following meanings: “Organiser” means Aurora50;
“Agreement” means the signed Order Form and these terms and conditions;
“Event” means the event shown on the Order Form, being either a) a live, in-person and venue-based event, b) a virtual event or c) a Hybrid Event;
“Event Date” means the date(s) on which the Event will take place at the Event Venue, as stated in the Order Form;
“Event Venue” means the venue where the Event is to be held on the Event Date, as stated in the Order Form;0.
“Force Majeure Event” means any cause outside of the reasonable control of the Organiser, including but not limited to war or terrorist activity, fire, riot, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, flood, storm, epidemic or pandemic, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lockout, other industrial dispute, civil disturbance, compliance with any law or governmental order or direction, default of suppliers or sub-contractors, nuclear accident, Act of God, or non-availability of the Event Venue for any reason;
“Hybrid Event” means a tradeshow, conference, unconference, seminar, workshop or other meeting that combines a virtual event” with an in-person component;
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database right, topography rights, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world;
“Local Authority” means any local government authority of the UAE which may be in charge of issuing any permissions, permits, authorisations or other official regulations that may relate to the Event;
“Logo” means the Event logo, if any, that the Sponsor is authorised to use by the Organiser for advertising the Event;
“Order Form” means the form covering these terms and conditions under which bookings for stands, sponsorship or space are made;
“Sponsor” means the person or company who has contracted for a stand, stands or sponsorship at the Event as identified on the Order Form;
“Sponsor Marks” means the trademarks, logo or other intellectual property of the Sponsor to be used at the Event as stated in the Order Form; and
“Sponsorship Fee” means the fee and/or cost as detailed on the Order Form.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to all arrangements between the Sponsor and the Organiser relating to the Event. Any variation of these terms and conditions shall only be binding if agreed by the Organiser in writing. No terms and conditions stipulated by the Sponsor shall apply to any such contract unless expressly agreed by the Organiser in writing and stated to be a variation to these terms and conditions.
- All bookings shall be made on the Order Form. No booking shall be confirmed until the Organiser has accepted and signed the Order Form and the Organiser reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its sole discretion and without giving reasons for its decision.
- The Sponsor shall, at all times prior to, during and with regards to the Event, comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice, including, without limitation, any Local Authority and Event Venue regulations and any rules and regulations stated in the Sponsors’ manual issued by the Organiser for the Event.
- The Sponsor warrants that it has all the relevant approvals, permissions, permits, licenses and authorisations required from any Local Authority to participate in the Event in accordance with this Agreement.
- At the in-person venue of a Hybrid Event, the Sponsor will not hire any promotional/educational/social space on the site of the Event for the duration of the Event’s operating hours.